Saturday 25 October 2008

Camping with the Hollywood A list

The place I was camping last night was called El Capitan State Beach.
Across the road is a resort called El Capitan Canyon which does
boutique camping with yurts that cost hundreds of dollars to hire for
the weeked. One of the other bikers on my site went to the grocery
store there, there was an guy with beard, hat and sunglasses who was
talking talking quietly and attracting attention to himself as he was
trying to stay incognito. Turned out it was Joaquin Phoenix. Lots of
Hollywood types go there apparently. Thing is I'm sure we bikers had a
better view as our site was right on the edge of a cliff overlooking
the sea - and it only cost us $5 a night!

I also found out that the fire I rode past a few days ago closed the
road a day later so I'm lucky I made it though in time. You can get
through another way but it's quite hilly.

Sent from my iPod

No comments: